Re: Upcoming shift to Ayatana (App)Indicator(s)

Hi Ian,

On  Di 10 Apr 2018 15:52:05 CEST, Ian Jackson wrote:

Mike Gabriel writes ("Re: Upcoming shift to Ayatana (App)Indicator(s)"):
The GNOME desktop does not support system indicators. Plus, Xembed
support is also very weak. And application indicators seem to be on
the verge from time to time, too. Please express your worries to the
GNOME upstream / downstream devs in this respect.

Can you point me to the right place to make my point ?

Thanks,
Ian.

I'd think you should direct your point to upstream themselves:
https://www.gnome.org/contact/

And the Debian GNOME team is quite involved, too, so you may want to get in touch with people on debian-gnome ML or IRC.

Greets,
Mike
--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunweaver@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net