Re: Planning the removal of c_rehash | mass bug filling

On 2018-04-09 15:55:14 [-0500], Michael Shuler wrote:
> It was purely a conservative duplication of existing symlinks. I can
> drop the old md5 symlinks, if there's a consensus that they are no
> longer needed in unstable.

Based on my research I think you can drop the old links since they were
only required until everything was rebuilt and the symlinks were
re-created during the 0.9.8 -> 1.0.0 transition. We are past that point
now.

> I could also include -compat for both
> symlinks, if this needs to go in a stable update, just to be sure we're
> not making a breaking change for users in Stretch.

There is no need to push this stable. There is nothing wrong with it as
far as I can tell.
Upstream considers that script as legacy (and it not part of the
testsuite) and I just wanted to make sure that we are ready to drop that
script once upstream decides to remove it. Also not to be part of any
further fallout.

Sebastian