Re: Debian Policy 4.1.4.0 released

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 07, 2018 at 10:35:02AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:
> >
> > 4.9
> >     The ``get-orig-source`` rules target has been removed.  Packages
> >     should use ``debian/watch`` and uscan instead.
>
> Especially for this, my ‘debian/rules’ files thank you.

While I really like to have this consistent approach but it seems I've
missed how uscan can spot new versions in for instance untagged VCS or
download files with changing content but no version number.  Is there
some way to do this with something else than a manually craftet script?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de