Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

Le jeudi, 1 mars 2018, 06.29:37 h CET Paul Wise a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 9:13 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > Now, as a strawman proposition, here's what I fiddled with in my mind for
> > some days now:
> This reminds me a bit of Nix or Gentoo Prefix.

Yes, only for the upper layers' only, on top of your good-old Debian, and "by
Debian"™.

Maybe what we need is a packaged nix and a standardized nix repository.

> > ** is restricted to be arch:all (~ shipping interpreter scripts)
>
> Hmm, so this isn't going to cover all npm/pypi packages.

It's not a roadmap, just a braindump :-)  The packages that need compilation
could still be provided as classical .debs for example.