Re: Spam targeting nnn-done@bugs.d.o

On 2018-02-25 09:32:32 [-0800], Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2018, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> > Would it work to rescrict the done/close-@ even more? Like to
> > pgp-signed messages only? I'm not asking for a valid DD signatures or
> > so - just any signature will do.
>
> This has been proposed previously, but because we don't get that many
> spam runs against -done which make it through our filters and this would
> make legitimate interactions with the BTS more difficult, I don't plan
> on implementing it.

I am not asking for a valid signature. It could but also just an
additional header field or something. It does not happen very ofter but
it gets more annoying each time it happens.
In the end it is just the submitter and/or the maintainer that should
close the bug so most people probably won't notice this.

> I have some ideas about using mail/web roundtrip for first time mails to
> the BTS, but they're pretty far down my debbugs TODO list.

Maybe it would help if we could get rid of the old "close+reopen" bugs
from the bug's page. All bugs in which I observe those "spam-close
mails" were closed earlier (by mistake or wrong reasons) and then
reopened. If they are still harvesting then it would help. If they keep
their database then it probably makes no sense.

Sebastian