Re: Systemd dependencies

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Actually it's the other way round. I need my program, clamsmtp, to
> start before postfix. I haven't checked with the other MTAs to be
> honest. So I guess I could try only adding postfix and see if somebody
> reports a problem.

Wouldn't this normally be handled by having postfix delay mail delivery
if clamsmtp wasn't operational? So the ordering of postfix/clamsmtp
startup is less important.

Perhaps even better would be to have clamsmtp do socket activation, so
the sockets existed before either postfix or clamsmtp were started.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it.
 -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi