Re: Spam targeting nnn-done@bugs.d.o

On 2018-02-21 19:36 +0100, Tobias Frost wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 06:31:46PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> On 2018-02-21 17:48 +0100, Georg Faerber wrote:
>>

>> Apart from restricting access to the BTS (which I think nobody really
>> wants), the answer is to train the spam filters.  In fact, I am quite
>> surprised that the current spam wave has been lasting for so long, those
>> messages should be quite easy to filter out.
>
> How's about for starting blocking attachment that are kind of unusual for the FOSS
> world, like spreadsheets from MS products, zip files.. or mime-type
> application/octet-stream?

Blocking spreadsheets could be useful, but there are certainly
legitimate cases where you might want to attach multiple files to a bug
report (I did that myself just a few days ago), so blocking archives
looks harmful to me.  Also, many MUAs seem to use
application/octet-stream for almost anything. :-(

Cheers,
       Sven