Re: How to report bugs with the new git repo?

Thank you All for the discussion. It looks like official part, e.g. bug registration, should be done as usually, while technical work may be done using git lab.

-Pavlo Solntsev

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 6:33 PM, Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> wrote:
Hello Pavlo,

On Thu, Feb 15 2018, Pavlo Solntsev wrote:

> I am very excited to see that Debian has moved to GitLab (
> https://salsa.debian.org). With this change, I am wondering how bug
> report process should look like? Now, I want to submit patches to
> packages, e.g.  libgdamm. What would be the best process: submit a
> patch via push request in the Debian repo, or push patches to
> upstream?

Your choices are basically:

- send a patch to the bug as before, ideally adding the patch tag, with
  patch attached

- send an e-mail to the bug, ideally adding the patch tag, including a
  URI to your merge request.

--
Sean Whitton