Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped

 ❦ 15 février 2018 13:36 +0100, Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> :

> I meant not implemented for java, specifically. But I was wrong: we do
> have e.g. java8-runtime-headless listed in
> https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt
>
> So the package mentioned by Vincent may be better off Depending on it
> rather than on default-jre-headless (>= anything).

You cannot depend on a virtual package, am I wrong? I still need a
concrete alternative. That's the purpose of default-jre-headless. Note
this was an example about epoch. I don't pretend wanting to fix how to
package OOT Java packages.
--
Don't just echo the code with comments - make every comment count.