Re: Repackaging upstream source with file modifications?

On 12 February 2018 at 10:28, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> The developer's reference says [1]:
>
>   A repackaged .orig.tar.{gz,bz2,xz} [...] *should not* contain any file
>   that does not come from the upstream author(s), or whose contents has
>   been changed by you.
>
> My recent attempt to upload grub2 2.02-3 was rejected due to
> https://bugs.debian.org/745409, which I admit I've been putting off
> dealing with for a while; but the relevant tag
> (license-problem-non-free-RFC) was added to the ftpmaster auto-reject

I believe this tag to be a false positive in this case.

Whilst RFC text themselves are not-free, the code components of an RFC
are free under a 3-clause BSD like license.

I only see code components in the grub2 package and no RFC text.

http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/IETF-TLP-5.htm Section 4 License
to Code Components

--
Regards,