Re: What is the point of RFA? Was: Re: proposal: ITR

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:23 AM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:

> What is the point of RFA?
>
> I mean why don't you just Orphan it and continue to maintain it with
> QA uploads until a volunteer wants to adopt it?

I wasn't around when RFA was invented, but:

You might want to have choose amongst the potential adopters who gets it.

With your name still attached to the package, it shows up in more
places so you are more likely to notice issues with it, RC bugs etc.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise