Re: enforcing an UTF8 locale while building a package

Simon,

> > Just as one example, a timezone library that did not work properly
> > in timezones beyond UTC+0800, etc.
>
> That's a bug, sure, but is it necessarily a release-critical bug?

Although I don't disagree with anything in particular you said on the
question of what is "reasonable" and on whether such libraries should
have a better testsuites, I'm not sure I see the value in discussing
the severity level of a hypothetical bug?  :)

Best wishes,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb