python2 warnings (Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 09:50:10PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > W: python-pysmi: new-package-should-not-package-python2-module
> > This is the translation of a group of people's opinion.
> With the Python 2 EOL coming in 2020, adding more Python 2 stuff isn't
> going to help us migrate to Python 3, so I think it is more of a fact
> than an opinion.

related:

W: munin-node: dependency-on-python-version-marked-for-end-of-life (Suggests: python)

in the vast majority of cases this is not actionable for us as package
maintainers, which is why I'm going to lintian override these warnings
for src:munin.

I'll probably let this warning annoy me for the next years to come with
src:piuparts though, as the maintainers are upstream and thus this is
somewhat actionable here. (But then the piuparts team lacks manpower
and constantly reminding us about this (the lack of manpower, not
python2/3) I also dont see as particularily helpful.)

I think I would prefer to dependency-on-python-version-marked-for-end-of-life
to become a pedantic warning until after the buster release. What do you
think, shall I file a bug against lintian?

--
cheers,
	Holger