Re: changing source and binary package names

Hi, thanks folks

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 01:24:08PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Monday, December 18, 2017 02:39:20 PM James Cowgill wrote:
> a binary from another source package, but still don't ask for removal.  Once
> getmail4 doesn't produce the current version of any binaries anymore

Are you talking binary package getmail4 or source package getmail4?

I let getmail source package to produce getmail binary package with
content and getmail4 transition package without content.

The old getmail4 binary is generated by getmail4 source package.

> it'll
> show up on the decruft list and be semi-automatically removed.

Let's see :-)  I uploaded and will do nothing for this release.

Of course next release needs to drop the transition package and
getmail's debian/control has a reminder as comment :-)

Osamu