Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

On 12/07/2017 05:57 AM, Steve Robbins wrote:
> So: if I changed the boost copyright file to say "Copyright: $Dates Boost
> authors", would it pass ftp-master scrutiny?

No, I don't think so.

I'm not sure what the FTP master logic is, but for me, the kernel is so
much a high profile package, that it doesn't mater much, as we all know
it is free software, and authors can be easily identified. It cannot be
said the same thing about everything within Debian. Probably that's the
FTP master reasoning: they don't need to check so much for the Linux
kernel as they do for other less known piece of software.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)