Re: Has Copyright summarizing outlived its usefulness?

On Sunday, December 10, 2017 8:09:16 PM CST Chris Lamb wrote:

> I would also point out that regardless of the merits of some particular
> interpretation, if a perceived violation of it was potentially discovered,
> it does not seem a terribly logical defense that "it is been like that
> for some time." (So what? :p)

That is one interpretation of what I wrote.

However: what I intended to convey is my perception that there was an
unannounced shift of policy -- or a shift in interpretation-of-policy.  Being
unannounced, I have no direct evidence for such a shift, of course.  So all I
can present is that it was accepted for a long time and then suddenly not
accepted.

-Steve