Re: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint)

On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 02:34:40PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
It would have been best for him to download the ISO with non-free
firmware embedded, do you know how he made the decision to download
the ISO without non-free firmware?

I can't even find it from following links on debian.org, although I know
that it exists. You don't seriously expect people new to Debian to both
divine its existence and find it?

Sounds like you need to get him to file a bug against ntfs-3g and
against whichever meta-package or other component should be installing
ntfs-3g.

We've missed the boat, he's not using Debian anymore.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland