Re: Compressed apt index files by default?

On Sat, Sep 09, 2017 at 04:48:29PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like us to try out using LZ4 compressed index files in
> /var/lib/apt/lists for the next APT release series, starting
> in October, after the release of Ubuntu 17.10 "artful".

I'll actually be turning this on in the first half next
week, either on Oct 1st or on Oct 3rd, if I manage to fix
the tests in the test suite that expect uncompressed ones :)

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev
                  |  Ubuntu Core Developer |