Re: apt-get dist-upgrade uninstalled most of KDE

Thanks!

I was thinking about implementing an "apt-get rollback-upgrade"
command, which would also remove any package installed by the previous
upgrade. To be reliable, though, it should also restore any
configuration overwritten by the install. So maybe it is not feasible.

I agree, maybe "apt-mark hold" is a better strategy if one wants to
keep installing packages during the transition.

Best,
Marco