Re: Intended MBF: maintainer scripts not using strict mode

Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr> writes:

> I had a cursory look over the listed maintainer scripts, and did not
> find any that does a careful checking of exit statuses. Though some
> of them are quite trivial, or even sometimes empty. It looks to me
> as not using strict mode in these cases is an oversight, and I would
> like to file bugs for these.
>
> What is your opinion? Policy says "should", not "must". If you agree
> with the MBF, what do you think would be the appropriate severity?

I think it would have been better to have:
i) filed no more than 1 bug per source package
ii) been specific about the scripts you were objecting to

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."