Re: Corruption in CPU

Thanks, I'll check it out.

On 27 Jun 2017 16:32, "Henrique de Moraes Holschuh" <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017, Armin Avdic wrote:
> Hello, I saw your article on corrupted data and I have reason to believe
> that the bad code goes as far back to Intel Pentium D processors, in my

The Intel Pentium D is a very old processor, and its hyper-threading is
very different from the recent processors.  It cannot be the same
defect.

> investigation I have seen that when hyperthreading is disabled the cpu acts
> ok no corrupted data or corrupted downloads however when enabled the
> corrupted data starts showing up and changing md5 completely.

We do ship some public microcode updates for several Pentium D
processors, but they're really old updates.  There is no guarantee that
they will fix your issue.

Note that it could be a problem elsewhere.  Those are old processors, in
old motherboards, with old system components (memory, power supplies,
etc).  And the current software (kernel, etc) is not often tested on
them anymore, so it could be a software problem, too.

If you want to try, please install intel-microcode as described in
https://wiki.debian.org/Microcode

Pentium D specification updates ("defect list"):
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/desktop-processors/000007016.html
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/pentiumd/sb/310307.pdf
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/pentiumd/sb/306832.pdf

--