Re: Intended MBF: maintainer scripts not using strict mode

Hi,

Quoting Christoph Biedl (2017-06-27 00:37:33)
> Let's be honest: Shell scripts, while easy to write, carry too many risks of
> unsafe programming. So while your proposed fixing is a step in the right
> direction, this is all just band-aid. We (as in Debian) should look forward
> and try to replace these maintainer scripts with something more error-prone.
> Niels has mentioned declarative approaches which seem like a good idea. No
> idea about the status, though, and I'm interested in details if there already
> are some.

this might've exactly been the angle that made Ralf find these issues with
maintainer scripts in the first place:

https://debconf16.debconf.org/talks/63/

https://www.irif.fr/~treinen/colis/

Thanks!