Re: [WARNING] Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake processors: broken hyper-threading

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Are there any other public bug reports which got fixed by this, or is the
> ocaml issue the only known issue which gets fixed by installing this microcode
> update?

As far as I know, so far OCaml is the only one that was verified to be
caused by the SKL150 erratum.

I got some comments about the advisory after it was published.  According
to a couple of those, the code pattern that triggers SKL150 is one that
is usually avoided [by compilers and hand-optimized assembly] due to
performance reasons.  Apparently, it is explicitly documented as being
slow by Intel optimization manuals.

That may well mean the pattern is rare enough that nothing else in
Debian is affected.

--
  Henrique Holschuh