What HN would like to see in buster

Dear all,

Chris asked the community over at Hacker News what they'd like to see in
buster, and thinks that it would be worth discussing some of their
comments in this forum.

    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14579080

* * *

A response from me:

While browsing the thread, I was struck by the number of requests for
tools and features that we already have -- things like checkinstall,
reportbug, dgit and continued support for sysvinit.

I don't know how we could better go about advertising such things, but
it's somewhat tragic that features into which so much volunteer effort
has been poured are, apparently, barely accessible to outsiders.

--
Sean Whitton