Re: DEP 15: Reserved namespace for DD-approved non-maintainer changes

Hello Christian,

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 08:16:43PM +0100, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> writes:
>
> > Your goal in wanting to stop people from having to deal with
> > patch files manually is laudable, but I see the following way
> > forward to achieve that goal:
> >
> >  - Pull requests.
> >
> >  - Make it easier to create personal copies of remote (!)
> >    repositories in one's own space. (Currently it's still a bit
> >    cumbersome.)
>
> This would cover most of the use cases I had in mind.  Thanks for
> bringing it up.

Since writing this I've thought of another usecase, where next/foo
branches complement pull requests.

Someone might contribute a fix in the form of a PR, and an uploader of
the package might review that fix and determine that it should be
merged.  They then look at the master branch and decide that it should
not go into the next upload, for whatever reason.  So they can merge the
PR to next/sid.

This is useful because it avoids accidentally reviewing the patch twice.

--
Sean Whitton