From: shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 22:23:50 +0530
Subject: debian stretch being released without fixing wpagui and wpasupplicant ?
To: debian-release <debian-release@lists.debian.org>

Dear all,

I had shared the below at debian-publicity in response to the stretch
announcement in which I was given this answer -

https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2017/06/msg00012.html

Now as I'm not a DD (nor hopeful of becoming a non-uploading DD at
least for sometime) hence debian-devel list is closed to me and the
only way to get my plea heard is the debian-release team. So without
further ado, here it is -

I have a query, how is stretch being released without multiple bugs
fixed for wpagui and wpasupplicant, I had a look at the stretch
announcement notes as well as the serious and grave bugs filed against
wpagui and wpasupplicant i.e.

b1 - #849122 - With 2.6-2 i dont have the wifi adapter in the
(network-manager) list available
b2 - #849077 - wpasupplicant: [Regression] Updating wpasupplicant
makes not possible to connect to encrypted WiFi
 b3 - #849875 - broadcom-sta-dkms: Wifi association took too long,
failing activation

While some of the bugs is related to broadcom only chipsets, other bug
could be hit by anyone. So unless there are packages which can take
place of wpagui and wpasupplicant and these packages can be removed
then please inform users.

Or at the very least warn them through stretch announcement as to what
they should do otherwise users having broadcom chips would be in for a
very nasty surprise when upgrading.

Maybe some of the experts could weigh in and make a proper message
about the above bugs situation.

Till later.
--
          Regards,