Re: Too many Recommends (in particular on mail-transport-agent)

Am 06.06.2017 um 18:06 schrieb Russ Allbery:
> Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:

>> libpam-systemd: xfce4-power-manager xfce4-session
>> * BAD: Depends:systemd, utterly pointless without it.
>
> This is a whole other discussion, but we had *endless* discussions of
> this, and there are very sound technical reasons for structuring the
> dependency chain this way.

xfce4-power-manager, xfc4-session recommending libpam-systemd (or even
requiring libpam-systemd) seems correct, as those use systemd-logind.

The Recommends systemd-sysv | systemd-shim is superfluous and should be
dropped. It's an implementation detail whether systemd (PID 1) or
systemd-shim provides the functionality needed by
libpam-systemd/systemd-logind.

universe are pointed away from Earth?