Re: Too many Recommends (in particular on mail-transport-agent)

On Wed, 31 May 2017, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Thus, axing this dependency or degrading it to Suggests would be probably a
> good idea.  And there's hundreds if not thousands of Recommends of this kind
> that need to be looked at -- this example is just more prominent as it
> affects every Debian system.
>
> (I'm not filing bugs yet as it's better to have a consensus first before
> mass-filing.)

It is being done on a per-case basis, isn't it?  Like you described the
libuid versus uuid-runtime?

So, it is not a mass-filing, and it is OK.  Just file the bugs one by
one, with your reasoning, and tag them with usertags if you want to
control them as an unit or something.

A mass-filing for this (the exact oposite of studying each recommends in
a case-by-case basis) _IS_ going to cause imense pushback.  I recommend
against it ;-)

--
  Henrique Holschuh