Re: The end of OpenStack packages in Debian?

Excerpts from Barry Warsaw's message of 2017-02-16 16:58:08 -0500:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I'm very sorry to hear this, and of course I hope that everything eventually
> works out for you.  I really appreciate the work you've done on
> openstack-devel packages that are useful to the wider Python community, even
> if sometimes there are version conflicts to work out.  To that end...
>
> On Feb 15, 2017, at 07:11 PM, Ondrej Novy wrote:
>
> >> If things continue this way, I probably will ask for the removal
> >> of all OpenStack packages from Debian Sid after Stretch gets released
> >> (unless I know that someone will do the work).
> >
> >please don't ask anyone to remove __team maintained__ packages.
>
> Some of the packages on [1] could be adopted into DPMT and/or PAPT, and I
> would be willing to help with some of those (not the entire stack though,
> unfortunately).  Maybe it won't come to that, but if it does, let's preserve
> as best we can all your great work on those packages.
>
> Cheers,
> -Barry
>
> [1] https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=openstack-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

I'd be willing to help transition these into DPMT and co-maintain them
going forward:

alembic
migrate
msgpack-python
python-*
stevedore
subunit
testresources
websockify

The rest of the list are the harder ones anyway, as they are mostly
services and plugins for those services.