Re: Is missing SysV-init support a bug?

On 12/30/2017 01:46 PM, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 30.12.2017 um 13:02 schrieb Alex Mestiashvili:
>
>> There are some cases when using sysvinit is preferred over systemd.
>> AFAIK there is no way drop some capabilities with systemd geared linux
>> containers while it is possible with sysvinit.
>
> It's the first time I hear about this. Can you please elaborate? I'd
> like to know more about this.

Last time I run into this issue was more than two years ago. See this
link [0]. Quick googling now brought me to this discussion[0]. The issue
seem to be fixed now, so I guess I'll give it another try. But
nevertheless a container template with sysvinit works just fine for me.

[0] https://github.com/debops/ansible-lxc/issues/15
[1] https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/1737