Re: build 2 similar binary packages from one source tree

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 at 01:43:13 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Of course we can build 2 source packages to do this.  But is there any
> easy clean way to do [two builds with different options] without making
> 2 source packages with identical upstream tarball.
>
> Any pointer to a simple example which uses autotools as its build script
> is appreciated.

I wouldn't exactly call them "simple", but src:dbus and src:glib2.0 both
do more than one build of the same Autotools project (one of which is a
cut-down version for the udeb) by doing more than one srcdir != builddir
Autotools build.

In cdbs, doing multiple builds in this way are referred to as "flavors".
I wouldn't recommend cdbs for new packages, but you might find useful
information by using that keyword.

    smcv