Re: Has Copyright summarizing outlived its usefulness?

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 12:34:24PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> Unless there is a legally binding reason to add individual copyrights
> to d/copyright, I'd vote for only a summary statement that lists all
> contributors for a package.

I agree to the point that in *some* cases I dealt with copyright files
that were touched only by two persons: Once by me when writing it and
once by ftpmaster when reading it.  This seems like spending time of two
people who might do something more fruitful things for our users caused
by an interpretation of our policy which is obviously not shared by
every contributor to this thread.

I admit I became used to simply follow ftpmaster requests blindly since
this was the less time consuming way to deal with the problem.
Discussions here on debian-devel list leaded close to never to a
response by ftpmaster and thus were no efficient means to let a package
passing new.

In general I'm very happy with ftpmaster work since frequently there
were real issues.  I'm not happy with e-mail communication with
ftpmaster but I learned that IRC can fix this in most cases.

I'm happy that our ftpmasters take over some work I would not like to do
myself and thus a repeated thank you guys

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de