Re: ISO download difficult (was: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint))

Quoting Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org>:
On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 05:10:37PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Currently the stable amd64 netinst is linked from the front page (top
> right corner).

It is, indeed. Never saw it before...
It's a relatively recent improvement.

Well, I hadn't seen it, without you pointing me to it.

> Of course, the stable amd64 netinst is useful only for VMs.

Why?
It doesn't contain non-free firmware.

OK, but that's an exaggeration. More often than not I was
able to install Debian without non-free firmware. But YMMV.