Re: Auto-update for sid? Auto-backport?

Hi,
On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 04:31:43PM +0100, Guido Günther wrote:
> Hi,
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 04:43:17PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > my QA page or our blend's task page (like
> > https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio-ngs) regularly informs me about
> > updates that should be performed to packages I alone maintain or (more
> > likely) with the help of my blend. The updates are often (but now
> > always, admittedly) easy to do.
> >
> > I would really like to see updates performed in some automated fashion.
> > Maybe into a different section of Debian like sid-auto? The problem with
> > that obviously is the missing scrutiny by the human maintainer, so it
> > cannot go straight into sid. Or can it? Maybe with an auto-created bug
> > report against the package so it does not auto-migrate into testing?
>
> What I have started to do is having jobs that run once a day uscan,
> rebase patches, build in pbuilder, run autopkgtests via pbuilder's
> autopkgtest hook[1] (to be put into a Jenkins instance).
>
> That's about 99% of the busy work since I know in advance which packages
> will need work (because patches no longer apply, tests fail or lintian
> reports errors) while others can be uploaded right away after more
> manual testing (if they don't have excessive test suites). Would that
> help already? if so we could look into making this more usable to
> others.

I've cleaned stuff up a bit and moved some of the (smaller) jobs to a
public instance:

    http://autoff.sigxcpu.org

and dumped the ansible to setup jenkins and the jobs here:

    http://github.com/agx/debautoff
    http://github.com/agx/debautoff-projects

(Autopkgtests are currently disabled to not make the vm explode). If
this make sense for others as well it needs to be moved to a bigger
instance (maybe integrated with jenkins.debian.net)?

Cheers,
 -- Guido