Re: Let's enable AppArmor by default (why not?)

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 10:01:18AM +0200, Mathieu Parent wrote:

> Could'nt we:
>
> 5. Make linux-image-$abi-$arch Depends on apparmor | selinux-basics |
> tomoyo-tools | linux-no-lsm
>
> With linux-no-lsm being a new empty package, and all of apparmor,
> selinux-basics, tomoyo-tools enable the corresponding LSM.

I don't think there is a good way to guarantee which alternative there
apt picks. It could pick to install linux-no-lsm for example (and who
knows, maybe due to fewer dependencies, or a conflict, or whatever, it
will). Even if it works today, that seems fragile...

Also, a Depends: with one of the alternatives being "don't install
anything" strikes me as a hack to work around not having Recommends or
Suggests — but we do have those, so I'm not sure why we wouldn't use
them instead.