Re: New package, name recycling

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 11:42:04AM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 10:59 AM, W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> wrote:
> > I would package the new dino under this name, because I don't think
> > there is a conflict.
>
> It is a problem for Ubuntu unless the new version has a newer version
> number than the old package.
>
> Launchpad does not forget about old version numbers.

Neither does our PTS for packages in still supported releases, nor BTS ever,
nor user machines that still have the extinct dino installed.  But that's
easily fixable by making sure your version number is higher (use an epoch if
you must).

There is another concern: I'd refrain with reintroduction until at least one
dino-less release.  Oh wait, stretch is already out.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Laws we want back: Poland, Dz.U. 1921 nr.30 poz.177 (also Dz.U.
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ 1920 nr.11 poz.61): Art.2: An official, guilty of accepting a gift