Re: MBF: please drop transitional dummy package foo (if they were part of two releases or more)

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 10:49:37AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
I'm currently undecided whether I think it's useful to file wishlist bugs
against transitional dummy packages which only are that since stretch. What do
you think?

I probably wouldn't bother.  Although the project doesn't formally
support skip-upgrades, a fair few maintainers probably do so informally.

It does make backports easier. More than one generation back, though, the value diminishes rapidly.

Mike Stone