Re: Alioth: the future of mailing lists

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:45:32AM +0000, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> Mike Gabriel schrieb am Tuesday, dem 10. October 2017:
>
> >                                                         So, indeed the
> > question is, why DSA cannot provide a VM or physical machine to a group of
> > DDs and trust this group regarding the server maintenance?
>
> DSA is not in the business of providing VMs as a service.  We provide
> systems that we maintain, where teams run individual services.

To clarify Mikes question:  Could anybody provide VMs as a service to a
group of DDs?  My history of {blends,debian-med}.debian.net is

   1. user sponsored it on own expense
   2. GPLhost
   3. some other sponsoring at Rackspace

The continuation of the latter is not clear.  So I'd love to move the
service to some place where it does not need to be moved every 3-4
years.  (This question is not directly alioth replacement related.)

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de