Re: Removal of upstart integration

Hi!

On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 21:03:00 +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> While it doesn't hurt here, I think people are on their own if they set
> POSIX_CORRECTLY or so (or include another incompatible `rmdir` in
> $PATH).

> Arguably `dpkg` could also run maintainer scripts in a more controlled
> environment so less random variables affect the maintainer scripts.

That would be #18567 and #631081, also discussed in
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/10/msg00941.html>.

Personally I think having something like this enabled by default would
open a can of worms, not to mention that environment variables are in
some cases distribution-specific (and dpkg is used beyond Debian).

Thanks,
Guillem