Re: Removing Qt4 in Buster

On 2017-09-22, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 03:29:31PM -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
>>Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org>
>>   qtscrob
>
> The right thing to do here is probably to remove this from the archive.
> But out of curiosity I did look at porting it forward to qt5: I found
> someone else's patch for the code, then got as far as wondering why

Unless it does things interacting directly with the windowing system or
uses the qt3 support part of qt4, it is probably in the "99% of code
just works"

> there wasn't a libqt5-dev available to my Debian machines before I ran
> out of time.

you most likely don't want a libqt5-all-the-things-dev. Qt nowadays is
so large and has so many components that you probably aren't using all
of it.

Start from qtbase5-dev and add on from there.

/Sune