Re: pasting license text into debian/copyright

Hi Thorsten,

Quoting Thorsten Alteholz (2017-09-16 18:10:16)
> manually working on debian/copyright can be nasty from time to time.
>
> Would extending a service like:
>
>   curl http://licapi.debian.net/template
>   curl http://licapi.debian.net/template/lgpl3
>
> with all those licenses not in /usr/share/common-licenses be of any help?

Not quite sure what you suggest.

It looks like you suggest to duplicate the work of SPDX - see e.g.
https://github.com/spdx/license-list

I believe that in the long term such duplication of work is not helpful,
and instead we should support SPDX in being the curators of a single
canonical repository of common Free licensing patterns in active use.

That said, I do believe that short-term some degree of competition does
help - when coordinated with SPDX.  Anyone interested in that please
join the licenses-discuss mailinglist: