Re: How to start a new packaging team now?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 02:31:15PM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> Oh, I guess I could use Launchpad then since it supports git and has
> mailing lists.

Except that launchpad sucks at mailing lists posting policy: they accept
everybody's emails, but forward to the list only those coming from an
email addres registered within Launchpad itself.  That means that lots
of bug reports get lost in the process.

If it were for me I'd ban launchpad MLs from Maintainer fields, but then
it doesn't depend on me.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/772000
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1712845

Therefore, please no, don't.  I don't think we need more of those, they
are bothersome enough already for me.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo