Re: Summary of the Arm ports BoF at DC17

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:06:13PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Sep 14, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>
> > The Pine64 [6] is another alternative, based on a mobile CPU. It's
> > therefore got limited RAM and I/O. Upstreaming has taken a while, but
> > is getting there in current kernel releases. U-Boot head will work on
> > the board, including the UEFI implementation mentioned earlier.
> > There's the related PineBook project [7] too - a small laptop-style
> > machine based around the Pine64 board.
> There are also scary warnings and discussions about the Ethernet port
> being half-broken at 1 Gbps.

(I assume you're talking about Pine64 -- PineBook has no GBe, being more a
SoPine than Pine64.)

Works for me fine with the new dmac-sun8i driver -- in fact, achieves a
better speed as the amd64 machine next to it.

The old near-mainline driver, sun8i-emac, gave only ~60% of theoretical
speed but otherwise worked without a hitch (using Icenowy's patchset).

I have no idea about the BSP kernel.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ I've read an article about how lively happy music boosts
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ productivity.  You can read it, too, you just need the