Re: Removal of upstart integration

On 30 August 2017 at 14:44, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 02:39:16PM +0100, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
>> upstart - event-based init daemon has been removed from debian and is
>> currently only present in oldstable.
>>
>> Many packages however still ship upstart integration. Please consider
>> removing /etc/init/* conffiles from your packages.
>
> are you planning to file bugs? If not, may I suggest you do?

I wish I could simply dgit push all of these, but our project is not
yet setup to work effectively across many packages for wide-sweeping
clean-ups, since not all of us use same/similar version control
systems and/or all of DDs having git commit access to all the
repositories. And as a follow-on, NMUs generate extra work for
maintainers to re-integrate NMU changes into their VCS.

I hope that this email alone is enough for at least some maintainers
to integrate/schedule this change without the bug overhead, as this is
low priority. Do note some packages may choose to still support
oldstable and/or no-change backports to those releases thus may
require additional changes to accomodate that.

Eventually, yeah, I will either file bugs or NMU packages for this clean-up.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.