Re: Use of .buildinfo in buster

Hi Adrian,

> What tool(s) in buster will allow users to download the .buildinfo files
> matching the packages they are using and what is the canonical location
> where such tools will download them from

Mirrors. As https://buildinfo.debian.net/ states, it is entirely proof-of-
concept a experimental!

Related to this is how we show/expose reproducibility to end users, if it
all. Some discussion of sorts is happening on #863622 (src:apt).

> Likely none of the above has an answer right now, and that is OK.

That is indeed the case. :)

I had been slightly focusing elsewhere until stretch was released but now
hat has happened I would completely agree that we should start thinking
about how to get this right for buster.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb, Debian Project Leader