Re: Replacing apt's http method (dropping curl)

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 02:56:50PM +0200, Tim Rühsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to mention that libwget[1] already has all the code you need
> plus lot's of other fancy TLS stuff (session resumption, false start,
> tcp fast open, OCSP). It is part of GNU Wget2, which is not released
> yet, mainly because we want to wait for our GSOC student's work. But we
> can do an alpha release if that helps.

Well, we do already have a hugely battle tested http layer, so
we're really just adding a TLS layer to it (which is about 400
lines or). What is missing is just support for CONNECT proxies
really (well, and encrypted proxies, but that's easy).

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev
                  |  Ubuntu Core Developer |