Re: [WARNING] Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake processors: broken hyper-threading

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 09:37:01AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > On Mon, 2017-06-26 at 08:34 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Other procesors aren't bug-free, they just don't get as many bug fixes.
>
> And the fixes aren't documented publicly at all.

Similar to the time I was affected by problems with all Intel s3610
and s3710 SSDs which they spent a few weeks denying existed and then
said was fixed in a firmware update whose release notes do not
mention the issue. When pressed as to the details of the fix they
just apologised and said that there hadn't been time to include
mention of the problem in the release notes. Not even one line.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77801?start=15&tstart=0

It was a big hit to my trust in Intel and I stopped buying s3610
SSDs after this, but I don't expect other manufacturers are any
better.

Cheers,
Andy