Re: Call for Signatures: stretch dedication

"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:

> On 2017-06-14 9:48, Ben Finney wrote:
> > For those who (like me) had difficulty with some of these steps, here's
> > how I eventually got it done:
>
> Out of curiosity, which step(s)? They all seem fairly
> self-explanatory, but I may well be missing something.

Not everyone knows how to do them, or may think they know but still get
it wrong, so I thought an explicit series of commands might help.

> [...]
> > $ gpg --detach-sign \
> >     --local-user "$DEBSIGN_KEYID" \
> >     --output "$sigfile" --armor \
> >     ./dedication-9.0.txt
>
> fwiw, with the exception of the --local-user switch, which is only
> required if your Debian key isn't also your default key

My default key is my Debian signing key, nevertheless the earlier
command grabbed a completely unrelated key.

So yes, this is the step that tripped me up, so I found it easy to
believe not everyone would find every command obvious.

--
 \     “I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.” —Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |