Re: Switch default installation image link?

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 03:12:54PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 13:41:31 +0000, Holger Levsen
> <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> >On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 09:38:29AM -0400, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> >> Personally, I would only ever download a DVD image if I was on a *slow*
> >> connection and knew that I had to install to multiple machines.
> >
> >still then, I would rather use netinst plus a proxy…
>
> Thinking this further, we should probaby have an
> Install-Debian-on-multiple-machines virtual appliance / live USB image
> with a DHCP/tftp/http server and a proxy to install more than one
> Debian system with network boot on a site with bad connectivity. That
> way, one would only transfer the barely necessary amount of software,
> and only once.

Sounds good!  CDs/DVDs have gone the way of the dodo, and while writing an
iso image to an USB stick works, there's fully writeable medium underneath.
Thus, using a rw file system and apt-cacher-ng (or even bind-mounted
/var/cache/apt/archives) would do the trick.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ A tit a day keeps the vet away.
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁