Re: Switch default installation image link?

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> For a number of years, we've been linking to the amd64/i386 netinst
> installer image from the front page.

Seems reasonable, perhaps with a small link for other options.

> I'm *also* tempted to switch from the netinst to the first DVD image
> instead - network connections have improved a lot.

I think that improvement has been mostly specific to Europe and maybe
also parts of Asia & North America. Most of Australia is going to be
stuck on ADSL for a long time to come and remembering back to Sicelo's
DebConf16 talk, Africa might too.

https://debconf16.debconf.org/talks/121/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds

--